ONAM BOX - Share a Gift with love
Celebrate this Onam with your family and friends with this unique and special Gift.
Onam is a festival celebrated in Kerala, India.
The festival falls during the Malayalam month of Chingam (Aug-Sep) and marks the commemoration of Vamana avatara of Vishnu and the subsequent homecoming of the mythical King Mahabali. In Kerala, it is the festival celebrated with most number of cultural elements such as Vallam Kali, Pulikali, Pookkalam, Onathappan, Thumbi Thullal, Onavillu, Kazhchakkula, Onapottan,Atthachamayam etc. Onam is reminiscent of Kerala's agrarian past, as it is considered to be a harvest festival.
4 September 2017 is Onam.
The products in the lovely curated Basic Onam Box are
- Rose Wood Kathakali Head : 1 No
The Face is not a mask unlike other art forms but a make up on the face of the artist with natural colors and materials . This is a wall hanging item-mask. The colors are drawn by skilled artists.
Height 6 Inches
- Rose Wood Chundan 2 Pen Holder : 1 No
- Kerala Brass Lamp : 1 No
Height 6 Inches
- Banana Chips : 200g
- Sharkara Varatti :100g
Fried pieces of banana coated with jaggery
- Rice Palada Mix : 200g
Kerala Ada Pradhaman/ Ada Payasam is a prime and premium dessert of Thiruvonnam feast.
- Dry Fruits :100g
Cashew and Raisins
- Onam Recipe Cards for all the main dishes
- Greeting Card with your personalised message
Share with your Family and Friends how much they mean to you with a personalized heartwarming greeting card. Express your emotions and feelings. Add the personalized note in the "comments" section at checkout.
The tradition of buying and wearing new clothes for the occasion of Onam is called the Onakkodi
- Balaramapuram Kasavu Handloom Dhothi (Double Mundu) 1 No
- Length : 4 Metre
- Pure white, light weight Silver Kasavu thick and thin vertical border
- Balaramapuram Kasavu Saree with Blouse: 1 No
- Length : 6.25 Metre with Blouse 1.25 Metre
- Off white with prints pure cotton saree
The specialty of balaramapuram saree is its extra warp and extra weft design on fine or superfine natural grey cotton yarn.
- The peculiar interlacement structure gives designs in face and back equal appearance.It is the uniqueness of balaramapuram sarees in the design world.
Now just order and relax as we take care of the rest !
Onam Boxes will be couriered by 30 August 2017 so that it will arrive before Onam across India.
Shipping is free and delivered to your doorstep.
The last day to order online is 25th August 2017 or till stocks are available.
We can also customise a box based on your preferences. Please send us a mail with the required information.
Corporate Orders are accepted with your logo and design.
A Brief of Onam Festival
- First Onam is known as Uthradom - King Mahabali is believed to arrive in Kerala on this day. It's a jubilant occasion when people rush to complete their Onam shopping and the cleaning of their homes. It's considered to be an auspicious day for buying fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Second Onam is known as Thiruvonam . All the main Onam celebrations occur on this day, when King Mahabali is said to visit people's homes. Homes are made clean with finished pookalam.People are dressed in new clothes and families gather to enjoy an elaborate vegetarian feast known as the Onam Sadya or Onasadya.
The Onam sadya (feast) is another very indispensable part of Thiruvonam, and almost every Keralite attempts to either make or attend one. The Onasadya reflects the spirit of the season and is traditionally made with seasonal vegetables such as yam, cucumber, ash gourd and so on. The feast is served on plantain leaves and consists of nine courses, but may include over two dozen dishes, including (but not limited to) Chips (especially Banana chips), Sharkaraveratti (Fried pieces of banana coated with jaggery), Pappadam, various vegetable and soups such as Injipuli (also called PuliInji), Thoran, Mezhukkupuratti, Kaalan, Olan, Avial, Sambhar, Dal served along with a small quantity of ghee, Erisheri, Molosyam, Rasam, Puliseri (also referred to as Velutha curry), and Pachadi, Moru (Curd with water), Pickles both sweet and sour, buttermilk, coconut chutney. The feast ends with a series of dessert called Payasam (a sweet dish made of milk, sugar, jaggery and other traditional Indian savories) eaten either straight or mixed with a ripe small plantain. The curries are served with rice, usually the 'Kerala Matta' parboiled rice preferred in Kerala. In hotels and temples, the number of curries and dishes may go up to 30.
- Third Onam is known as Avvittom - preparations are undertaken for King Mahabali's departure. Onathappan statues are immersed in the sea or river, and pookalams are cleared and removed.
- Fourth Onam is known as Chatayam -- Post-Onam celebrations continue for the next couple of days with snake boat races, Pullikali (tiger play) and the special Kerala Tourism's Onam Week program.
DISCLAIMER: Color, shape and design of the original products may vary slightly from the ones shown in the picture. These are subject to availability of the products.